DAILY MANNA DCLM DEVOTIONAL JUNE 18, 2019
TOPIC: SIMPLY COME OUT
TEXT: REVELATION 18:1-8.
KEY VERSE “And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues” (REVELATION 18:4).
DAILY MANNA DCLM DEVOTIONAL
Emergency services world over, color code their warnings. Advice (color blue): Update to keep the community informed. Watch and Act (color yellow): Take action and protect yourself. Emergency warning (color red): Highest left of risk to life and property. With the pronouncement and announcement of judgement on Babylon, God has given the world a RED HOT Emergency warning.
A glorious Angel proclaimed with a loud voice that Babylon is fallen and has become a den of abominable things. The evil influence of this world system represented by Babylon is shown by the length, breadth and depth of corruption and compromise it exerted on all nations, kings and merchants. In her self deceit, she never foresaw the judgement coming from heaven for she said in her heart, “I sit a queen and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow”. Upon her came death, mourning, famine and a burning hell all in one day.
To demonstrate God’s mercy, love and grace, however, another voice gave a warning call for His people to come out of her so as not to be partakers of her plagues.
Lot was warned to come out of Sodom so as not to perish in the overthrow of fire and brimstone. The children of Israel, in the wilderness, were warned to separate themselves from the tents of Korah, Dathan and their company not to be swallowed up by the earth. Today, Christ is sending the same warning to sinners out there to come out of the corruption and pollutions of this world and accept Him as their personal Lord and Savior in order to escape God’s wrath.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Sound the warning, sin is deadly.
COVER TO COVER PHILIPPIANS 1-4.
The destruction of the worldly system
1. This event will happen after the rapture at the dawn of the second coming of the Lord v1.
2. The future Babylon, whether ecclesiastical or material, has a system that that does not have eternal value but destruction v2.
3. Just like the world today, although in a multiplied and unimaginable version, it will fearfully be characterized by demonic domination, moral uncleanness at its peak, luxurious living and pleasure, satanically inspired wisdom and philosophy, pursuit of wealth without any moral restrictions, physical and spiritual immoralities etc vv2,3,7.
4. It will be the crescendo and the convergence of all that is opposed to Christ and righteousness intellectually, emotionally and practice.
Q What other characteristics of the world can you see in the text?
Q Are you totally free from all?
2. God’s timely warning
a. Total repentance from the wisdom (philosophy), wealth pursuit and wickedness of the world v4.
b. Total separation from the world and worldly system v4, 2 Corinthians 6:17.
3. Danger of compromising with the world
Check verses 6-8.
THE WAY OF THE CROSS LEADS HOME
1. I must needs go home by the way of the cross,
There’s no other way but this;
I shall ne’er get sight of the Gates of Light,
If the way of the cross I miss.
The way of the cross leads home,
The way of the cross leads home;
It is sweet to know, as I onward go,
The way of the cross leads home.
2. I must needs go on in the blood-sprinkled way,
The path that the Savior trod,
If I ever climb to the heights sublime,
Where the soul is at home with God.
3. Then I bid farewell to the way of the world,
To walk in it nevermore;
For my Lord says, “Come,” and I seek my home,
Where He waits at the open door.
1. Lord, reach deep within my heart and replace any trace of the love of the world with the love of Jesus in my heart.
2. Lord, do all you can to help me so that I will be raptured and escape this terrible coming time.
3. Lord, deliver me from all tendencies and principles within that can disqualify me from making heaven.
4. Lord, let the eyes of your people be opened to see all worldly pursuits as vanity.
DAILY MANNA DCLM DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR W F KUMUYI
Impossible Is Not God