DAILY MANNA DCLM DEVOTIONAL JUNE 28, 2019
TOPIC: HE GIVES PERPETUALLY
TEXT: NEHEMIAH 2:1-8.
KEY VERSE”Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come into Judah; and a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gate of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me” (NEHEMIAH 2:7,8).
DAILY MANNA DCLM DEVOTIONAL
Everything we need for the abundant life and for eternity had been promised to us by God in His holy word. He leaves us no excuse for not having the fullness of blessing heaven can provide for us.
In the text, Nehemiah, for the good of fatherland, asked king Artaxerxes for permission to go to Judah to build it. No sooner had this primary request been granted than he presented a number of others that were supposed to make the first approval worthwhile. His bold and courageous faith was honoured as he had all his requests granted by the king.
Although, God does not answer every prayer, however, if we ask anything according to His promise, if we ask for His glory and for His kingdom sake, He answers.
We are in danger of playing into the hands of our enemy, the devil, if, when we lack solution to our needs and problems in life, we feel our requests to God are more than we deem moderate. God never reprimands us for the frequency or the great number of our requests as men often do. He rather chides us for our unbelief. God wants us to ask, but in faith. He gives not much of His blessings if we do not ask, but the best of His blessings for our lives we may have just for the asking.
It is one of our privileges as Christians that we may not only go to God for what we daily need, but that whenever a particular emergency or difficulty arises, we may bring that particular thing before His throne, and we have the assurance that He will hear us.
Therefore, if you want to receive and keep on receiving, then pray and He will do it.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY In God only is the fullness of all blessings.
COVER TO COVER
1 KINGS 17-18.
Secret of receiving answers to all your prayers from God as seen from the king vs Nehemiah
1. Be diligent in your service to the King of kings v1.
2. Make it your consecration to always live a life that pleases the King v1.
3. Always appear before Him rejoicing with Thanksgiving v1.
4. Find time to mourn and concentrate on God through fasting when the need demandsv2.
5. Let your concerns be more on God’s glory and project rather than concentrating on selfish requests v3, Matthew 6:33.
6. Pray the Holy Spirit to give you prayer points v4, Romans 8:26,27.
7. Be free to ask the King of kings with confidence without wavering vv4,5, Hebrews 4:15,16, I John 5:14,15.
8. Never see any request as too big to ask from God, especially if the glory of God is at the centre vv7,8.
Q. If an earthly despot can answer all the prayers of an alien, will the heavenly God not answer all the requests of His children? What are scriptural reasons to show that God will do more and better?
SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER
1. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
That calls me from a world of care,
And bids me at my Father’s throne
Make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief,
My soul has often found relief,
And oft escaped the tempter’s snare,
By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!
2. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
The joys I feel, the bliss I share,
Of those whose anxious spirits burn
With strong desires for thy return!
With such I hasten to the place
Where God my Savior shows His face,
And gladly take my station there,
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
3. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
Thy wings shall my petition bear
To Him whose truth and faithfulness
Engage the waiting soul to bless.
And since He bids me seek His face,
Believe His Word and trust His grace,
I’ll cast on Him my every care,
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
4. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
May I thy consolation share,
Till, from Mount Pisgah’s lofty height,
I view my home and take my flight.
This robe of flesh I’ll drop, and rise
To seize the everlasting prize,
And shout, while passing through the air,
“Farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer!”
1. Rejoice and praise the Lord that He is greater than all your needs and requests.
2. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the “buts”in your life that may be hindering you from receiving answers to all your requests.
3. Ask for the Spirit of faith and confidence in prayers.
4. Ask the Holy Spirit to touch and energise the prayer lives of all brethren.
Impossible Is Not God