DAILY MANNA DCLM DEVOTIONAL MAY 16, 2019– The Determination Of Hypocrites
TOPIC: THE DETERMINATION OF HYPOCRITES
TEXT: LUKE 12:49-59.
KEY VERSE: “Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time” (LUKE 12:56).
DAILY MANNA DCLM DEVOTIONAL
“Playing the Ostrich” and playing “hide and seek” are common English idiomatic expressions of hypocrisy. Like the ostrich which only hides its head in the dust with the tail in public glare, hypocrisy subjects its perpetrators to public ridicule and avoidable eternal regrets if they remain impenitent till death.
In continuation of His teaching on vital issues of life, Christ rebuked sharply His audience over their hypocrisy in this regard, He told them pointedly that His ministry would automatically polarise the family into believers and unbelievers with the attendant persecution of believers by unbelieving members of the same family.
True to Christ’s prophetic teaching, many families today are perceivably divided on faith and denominational platforms with parents, children and in-laws pitched in different religious persuasions and denominational camps. Likewise, while a lot of people today are quite versed in earthly knowledge, they are deficient in their grasp of the gospel of Christ’s Second Coming and the impending doom of this present world. Some people pretend to be saved and even preach Christ but they have a penchant for secret sins, in apparent self-endangered mockery of their profession of faith. Some believers on the other hand, are surprised by their unbelieving relations’ repulsive dispositions towards them. They recoil, rather than rejoice in the face of persecution, seemingly forgetting the imminence of the rapture and the promised eternal heavenly blessings. They want the crown but detest the cross.
The believer must avoid every form of hypocrisy and accept prosecution as an integral part of his calling. It is hypocrisy to receive the benefit of Calvary and reject its burden.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Hell is the final port for unrepentant hypocrites.
COVER TO COVER 2 CORINTHIANS
True devotion to Christ or a Double Standard Lifestyle
1. True devotion to Christ may at all times cost us relationships vv49-53. Always cherish your relationship with Christ above all relationships.
2. True devotees are discerning and thoughtful of eternal things more than earthly things while it is opposite for hypocrites vv54-57.
3. Wisdom demands making peace with the Judge of the whole earth before it is too late because none can escape His justice vv58-59.
4. The rewards of Hypocrites is eternal doom. Beware!!!
OH, THE BITTER SHAME AND SORROW
1. Oh, the bitter shame and sorrow,
That a time could ever be,
When I let the Savior’s pity
Plead in vain, and proudly answered,
All of self, and none of Thee,
All of self and none of Thee.
2. Yet He found me; I beheld Him
Bleeding on the cursed tree;
Heard Him pray, Forgive them, Father,
And my wistful heart said faintly,
Some of self, and some of Thee,
Some of self, and some of Thee.
3. Day by day His tender mercy,
Healing, helping, full and free,
Sweet and strong, and ah! so patient,
Brought me lower while I whispered,
Less of self, and more of Thee,
Less of self, and more of Thee.
4. Higher than the highest heavens,
Deeper than the deepest sea,
Lord, Thy love at last hath conquered;
Grant me now my heart’s petition,
None of self, and all of Thee,
None of self, and all of Thee.
1. Lord, I hereby promise and ask for grace and power to cherish my relationship with you more than any other relationships.
2. Lord, direct my heart to wisdom and esteem eternal things above any earthly pursuits and consideration.
3. Lord, search me out and cleanse me from all forms of hypocrisy.
4. Lord, visit the Church and purge all members from hypocrisy.
DAILY MANNA DCLM DEVOTIONAL BY PASTOR W F KUMUYI
Impossible Is Not God