(MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 31 October 2018)
TOPIC: Failure Is Not Your Last Bus Stop
(Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 31 October 2018)
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Isaiah 46:10-11
MEMORY VERSE: “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” – Jeremiah 29:11
The Lord has a wonderful plan for you and He had purposed great things for you in the past. Regardless of what you were before you met the Lord and what you might have done, including the sins you have committed since you were born, the plan of God for you is good. His plan and purpose for you is good irrespective of your failure and unfaithfulness in the past. What is important is your present status with the Lord and not the failures of the past. Jesus tells us in the parable of the prodigal son, how the son that had wasted his own share of his father’s inheritance was accepted back by his father when he repented and returned home. This parable is to teach us that our past has no effect on our future so far you have repented of your sins and returned to God. Have you failed before? You can still rise and enter into His fullness because no failure in the past needs to be your final bus stop.
Saul was a religious Jew, a Pharisee, circumcised on the eight day, a Hebrew of Hebrews, a persecutor of the church and blameless under the law (1 Timothy 1:12-17). His hands were red with the blood of the saints. He wounded, maimed and blinded many Christians. He was obviously an agent of the devil and was regarded as one fit for the lake of fire. In spite of his terrible past, there was still hope for him. His past did not disqualify him from becoming God’s son. He received a revelation of Christ, and the Lord Jesus Christ gave him a ministry. All his failures did not define his end.
Are you thinking or feeling you have failed God? Yes, but that failure is not your final bus stop. You can turn to Him today in repentance and He will receive you and work out His great purpose for you. What are you aiming at getting or achieving in life? I mean the desire of your heart. No matter the number of times you have failed, you can still get it. Beloved, arise today, jump out of the shadows of your past failures and cling unto the Holy Spirit through prayers.
YOU LEARN MORE FROM TROUBLE THAN FROM YOUR TEACHERS AND BOOKS.
You shall not fail again, rise up from failure and march on.
1. Failures of my father’s, mother’s and in-law’s houses assigned to end my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Apparent failures in my life assigned to become my ultimate failure in life, die, in Jesus’ name.
3. My past failures raising their ugly heads to close up my destiny, break, in the name of Jesus.
4. Powers, demons, spirits behind failures in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every curse of failure issued by any man or woman on my life, break by fire, in Jesus’ name.
6. Every covenant I have with failure, your end has come, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. All destroyers dispatched to my career, business, office, gather yourself together, go back and destroy your senders, in Jesus’ name.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya
(General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)