TOPIC: The Spirit Of Discernment
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 6:10-12
MEMORY VERSE: “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.” – 1 Corinthians 12:7
There are two types of world: the physical world, which is a natural world of men and the spiritual world, inhabited by spiritual beings that are supernatural and these control the affairs of the natural world of men. This means that everything evil that happens physically is manipulated by unseen evil spiritual powers, in the spiritual world. Therefore, any problem or situation in the life of men is backed up by a power (Holy Spirit or demons).
There are three types of power that can be responsible for any situation in our world today. These powers include the power of the Almighty God, which is a positive power, the power of the devil which is a negative power and the power of man which can be positive or negative. Therefore, the spirit of discernment, which is the ability of a man to identify the power behind a situation or distinguish between good and bad, is a necessity for every child of God to profit withal. Equally important is the spirit to discern prophecy which can come from God, from the devil or from man. The prophecy from God is a prediction through the power of the Holy Spirit about the future of a thing, a place, a situation or a person.
However , there is a satanic counterfeit to the spirit of prophecy, which is known as divination. In order to distinguish between prophecy from God and satanic divination, we need the power of discernment of spirit. Every Christian has a gift of discernment inherent in him, but many have failed to develop it. Such Christians run from one false prophet to another seeking for solution to their problems. You should develop this gift by living a holy life, reading the word of God and praying to God for the gift of discernment.
Only those whose ears are tuned to the aerials of heaven can hear from the Maker.
Power to discern between good and evil shall fall on you now.
1. Anything in my life hindering discernment, come out and die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Spirit of discernment, my life is available, enter, in the name of Jesus.
3. Powers assigned against my discerning ability, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. Open my eyes O Lord to behold Your glory, in the name of Jesus.
5. My vision shall not go dim, in the name of Jesus.
6. Arrows that fly by day and terror of the night, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
7. I shall behold and see the reward of the wicked, in the name of Jesus.